Thursday, May 13, 2010

You can't take it with you when you go...

Yesterday morning, as with a lot of other mornings before this, I have to mengadap. We will discuss about how much money he has left, how much longer his money will last and he will talk down on me... that's the usual agenda and all I did was just sit there and listen to him grumbling about me taking a short cut, about my mistakes, my weaknesses. I have heard them before, many many times before. It used to hurt but not anymore

Yesterday, he was also grumbling about how hard he has worked all his life but to the benefits of others. He talked about having to provide for his family, his brothers.. bla bla bla... I was like.. duh!!! He went on and on and on. I do not know what came over me as usually I would just sit there, kept mum and just listen. Yesterday, when he stopped, I said "Betullah tu, that's why you are here on bumi Allah. That's your purpose. Unless you can take all it with you to the grave, you can continue to rant. Otherwise, just accept it". This is not the first time he rambled about this; its been going on for years and he will complaint that people that he has helped are not grateful to him and so on and on and on he will continue.

You can't take it (your wealth) with you when you go and you have to accept the reason why Allah swt put us here. Life on this earth is just too short, so stop complaining and find your purpose in life. If the purpose of life is to become wealthy, there would be no purpose after becoming wealthy. There is a reason why Allah swt shower you with wealth. Yours is to ensure that you can provide for the ones you love and the ones who depended on you.
So just be thankful to HIM for giving you the opportunity and the ability to help others.

Wallahu'alam


Jumaat Mubarak everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment