Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Farewell Old Friends

Its 11:30pm, we are waiting for 12 midnight to check the tariff meter reading with the auditors for the FYE 2010. I am standing in the control room looking at the engines downstairs. No. 1 is torn apart for major repairs, it has been down since August last year, No 2 is running, albeit coughing every now and then, No 3 is down with one problem then another and No 4 is running not quite smoothly.

15 years ago when I first started working here, they were not even here yet. And here I am 15 years later, staring at the old, overworked generators and I just cannot hold my tears anymore. I can hear the tiredness in them. We are so similar; overworked and unappreciated.

I am leaving soon and I will not return, insyaAllah. Goodbye old friends, I wish all of you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment