Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just to clarify the matter

The poor restless souls in the office were wondering.. is she leaving?, if she is, why does she acts as if she is not. If she is not, what actually happened? Will she still stay after all the dramas?

After the last post, it is clear that, YES! I am leaving, although its not easy to leave all of you behind! sob! sob! sob! seriously, we have been through a lot. We are all kindred spirits.

So why do I act as if I am not? I have to. Because, how shall I put this in words. Because 15 years do not mean nothing to me. 15 years people, just think about that. If a child, he/she would be seating for PMR this year. 15 years, and I shall say it again 15 years!!! So, what I am doing now is to put all affairs in such a manner that someone else can take over from me, without too much glitch. I figured, I owe that to him.

Its not easy to entangle yourself from this web, its complicated! My target is by 30 June 2010, I am out of here, for good. Can someone really takeover where someone else has left? Is there such a thing as becoming someone else? How big is the shoes I am leaving, or how small? Can someone else fit it there. I say yes! People, its not that difficult at all, all you need is A LOT OF PATIENCE, and I mean A LOT, a very high threshold of pain, a very low self esteem, a lot of sleepless nights, to say farewell to life and welcome WORK, work, work, work, the ability to second guess your bosses which sometimes you succeed but be ready to fail, the ability to read mind, a whole lot of other super powers, be willing to be pushed around, be blamed for almost everything, and of course you need to know a little bit of management, accounting, people skill, how to use the computer and a few other technical skills. Easy!

I shall end this post with this song and you'll know what I mean..



Smile

Smile though your heart is aching;
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by.
If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow,
You'll see the sun come shining through for you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.

That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile.

Lyrics by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons.
Music written by Charlie Chaplin, 1936

No comments:

Post a Comment