Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Tuesday is here again. How time flies. Tomorrow will be 13 years since Tok left us. I miss her so much. Tok would be very happy to know that Azwan and I had performed our hajj and would share my woes and would say all the right words and would tell me exactly what I should do. Tok, I need you more now than ever!

The one thought that never leaves me these days are, what should I do after I left this company. My financial projection shows that, bearing no unforeseen circumstances (I am an accountant, baby!) , my money will last until the end of the year. What's next! I have a lot of plans, getting another 9-5 job is one thing but who would hire a 45 year old woman?

And then I was thinking of starting a part time maid business, after all, I already have 3 customers, yes, Roha, you are one of them.

But there is one thing I feel is my calling. Teaching! I know, I know... no one starts teaching at 45. But I am not thinking of being a school marm, what I have in mind is teaching others what I know, what I have learned and my experiences.

Although I am ready to teach Tajwid and Quran recital, I will leave that to Mak and Abah for now. I am not shy to say that I am good at excel and all the microsoft office applications. Excel, though, I am simply above the average, way up there. Seriously, I am. I have not met anyone who can match my excel skill except those who are doing financial consulting, i.e. project financial model and such who uses Excel and spreadsheet 24/7. I noticed that all new graduates lack excel skills. Excel skill is very important in work life especially if you wish to pursue accounting or finance. No one in this office can do what I can. Pakmat is almost there, but not quite there yet. He can continue using the spreadsheet I prepared and can master all the formula and links but he can never start a new file the way I do mine. As for the rest in this office, its either too difficult for them to decipher or they are just too lazy to learn. Maybe they think that I will be around forever?

Back to my excel knowledge, this is what I have in mind. Starting an excel workshops. My target are university students in their final year, as preparation for them to embark into working life. I can also throw in some english lesson? and perhaps interview tips, what employers are looking for kinda tips? I have a few friends who lectures in finance and accounting in the north, perhaps I can discuss my idea with them? If you are reading this Zu and Zlaa, yes, you are both on my mind. Zu especially and also Faizah, as I plan to balik kampung and stay there. I already have the module in mind. I have been teaching excel for more than 10 years now, although not formally but I do teach now and again to my staffs. I plan to do this because I feel so sayang and what a waste of ilmu pengetahuan if I dont teach them to others. I don't intend to make money out of this, just enough to cover my duit minyak because my main intention is not to make money. Like I said, what a waste if I don't teach what I know. So there.... how?

I have a strong feeling that this is my calling, you know that feeling is your stomach. I just need to study this carefully, come up with a sensible module and think of how to start. I can always start small from my house or rent one of the shoplots in front of my house. I heard that they are opening a Tahfiz School there and maybe they will consider taking me as a student in return of some volunteer work, say teach tajwid?

OOOohhhhHHHH, I can't wait. I am getting super excited now! Ya Allah, Alhamdulillah.......

p/s I am still yet to learn how to mandi mayat.

Tok, adik nak ikut Tok macamana Mak ikut Tok, ajar mengaji dan mandi mayat dan besarlah harapan kalau adik boleh buat macamana Tok dan Mak buat, penuh sabar, tawaduk tanpa mengharapkan sebarang balasan.

No comments:

Post a Comment