Friday, June 25, 2010

Jit

His name was Abdul Aziz Ahmad. He was my cousin, the son of Abah's younger sister. He was a year older than me. Jit and I grew up together as our houses were just a walking distance away.

Jit was like a brother. I have two elder brothers and the two of them will always ganged up against me and I was the youngest for close to 7 years, no other sibling to turn to, Jit was always there for me. Jit was everybody's favourite. Loved by everyone.

Jit was present at all the important events in my life and I was in his. My leaving home for MRSM, my leaving home for KL, my leaving home for Australia and all my homecomings. His leaving home for Al-Arqam, his engagement, his wedding and his first born. I went home as often as I could when he was sick. But I was not there on his final day, the day he left all of us behind. Mak, abah, my younger brothers, my nephews and my sister were in KL. He left us all in 1993, and left his only daughter Asma' orphaned at 2 years of age.

Asma' is coming home from Jordan today. I promised to see her at 5 at KLIA, unfortunately, I am overbooked. As I was driving to work just now, I was thinking of Asma' and plan to tell Udden, my no 1 nephew to go see her and make sure she checked in for he flight to AS safely. I won't be able to see her until I go back to AS next week. That was how I came to thinking about Jit.

I have always wonder how my life would turn out to be had Jit still be around. I never have anybody that I can talk to and tell everything to, other than Jit. And since he left, I have never actually "talked" to anyone. I know, its not good to berkalau as there is no point to it at all. But I still wonder. Sometimes when I want to make a certain big decision, I would always ask myself, what would Tok say about this and what would Jit think about this. Ever since I tendered my resignation, the two of them were constantly on my mind. I know that if Jit is still around,he would support my decision and would support whatever I want to do with my life and he would even support me financially, if I ever needed it.

As for Asma', although we are not close since her mother remarried and and she moved away with her, she will always have a special place in my heart. Just because she is Jit's daughter. Not many people will understand this, especially my younger siblings as they never knew how close Jit was to me.

Al fatihah buat Jit dan doa Adik semoga Allah swt tempatkan Jit bersama-sama orang-orang yang solihin. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment