Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Chapter Is Closed

Last night I went to clean up the apartment in SD, the one I have been renting for the last 5 years (with the help of 2 bibiks) and pick up the last few items left.

I finally locked the door of another life I am leaving behind. I was expecting to feel kinda sad but surprisingly, I do not feel anything at all. Perhaps because I have never felt connected to the place, spending most of my time at my sister's since before they moved to BJ, when they used to stay in the next block.

Before leaving SD, I went to a hardware store to duplicate some keys for the ASSociation. The store was near to the house I stayed for more than 10 years before I moved to the apartment. The owners remarked that I looked familiar so I told them that I was among their first customers. We moved in to the area around the same time in 1995. After chit-chatting for a while, the husband asked me what I am doing for a living so I told them that I am moving back home and going to semi retirement. He said I am too young to retire so I asked him, how old does he think I am and he said 30 plus; hmmmm.... he has not seen my uban, that's why! When I told him I am 44 they did not believe me until I have to show them, no, not my uban, but my IC. he he he... I like.

Everybody I talked to about me moving home with my parents (and being single) all agreed that I am doing the right thing. Including this couple. They said, duit bila-bila buleh cari. I am not trying to justify my action, I knew from the beginning that this is the right thing to do but getting affirmations from total strangers just makes me feel all so much better.

In another Act on a different Stage - I have written a letter and a proposal and have handed them over, yesterday. Claiming that I have just gave him a headache, he went home. I hope he read it until the last page. I am anxiously waiting for the response so that I can close another chapter of my life.

I heard on the radio today:-

Apa yang kita perlu buat, tak semestinya kita suka buat dan apa yang kita suka buat, tak semestinya kita perlu buat. So, less wayang please Maknjang and more ibadat!

With that I shall end my post for this Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. ....and a new chapter will commence. The story will be more interesting, more significant and more enthralling, insyallah...

    ReplyDelete