Saturday, October 16, 2010

Must Have Done Something Right

Suddenly I felt like writing.

This morning did not start off well. I arranged for a meeting this morning to discuss preparation for the big meeting end of this year. Mind you, this is not my responsibility as I am not the Secretary, but as usual I like to play busy body. Informed all concerned, four days ago. I just would like to see at least one big meeting held, prepared properly and not invite anymore critics. On the way to the ASSociation, I received an sms from Mr Secretary that he is not available to attend the meeting... what the _*&^!, I arranged this meeting in order to assist him and he did not even bother to grace us with his presence and choose to inform us at 9am for a 10am meeting!! Arrrgghhh!!!! never mind, we still continue with the meeting and resolved a lot of issues. At least, tasks are assigned, formats are drafted, deadlines are set, dates are proposed.

Well, anyway, that was not what I wanted to write about.

Three months into my semi retirement does not feel like a retirement at all! I felt like I am still working as hard. But one thing has definitely changed, my shoulders are so light, now that the heavy burdened has been lifted and the head has more time to think of things other than the work. I do not have that heavy feeling at the end of the day like I used to, you know the feeling of calling it a day with a lot of things left unfinished. Phew!!! gone are the days. And since he is no longer my boss, my blood , my jantung and my hati do not run berserk everytime I have to face him or see his face. Phew!!! another kelegaan.

Although there is no formal contract with the company, they still pay me monthly allowance, albeit just a token sum which I do not mind at all, because I cannot resign as the Co Sec since nobody is qualified to take over. (But I strongly suspected that this allowance has a lot more to do with my position in the ASS, by trying to keep me unemployed as long as possible will make me more available at the ASS). I also help out whenever my assistance is required. Its funny though. Most of the areas where my help is needed were the areas that I was harshly criticised about when I was in their employ. Sometimes I just felt like laughing my head off.

He is now campaigning for another term with the Ass. and he wants me to run too, for the same office. I do not want to to so, for what?. What do I get in return other than headaches, penat, sakit hati, kena kutuk? Why should I want to go through another two years of that? But everytime I told him of my decision, he will kona here and there and say that he has no one else who is capable and can be trusted to hold my office. I am not going to say anything anymore on the subject, I will just keep quite. When the time comes, I will just not sign the nomination letter. That's the plan. Dulu kata my wibawa ni senang for people to take advantage of, dia la yang duk take advantage. Now he said, I have a wibawa yang baik pulak. Confused tau maknjang ni. I already pesan kat Datin Mami, if tetiba I agreed to run for the election tolong lah bawak maknjang pi berubat, I am sure ada short somewhere.

That's all for now.!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment